Cleaning Boots Step by Step
Cleaning your boots follows the same basic process no matter their type, but it’s important that you familiarise yourself with the different kinds of leather and their reactions to different methods of cleaning. This step by step process can be followed time after time to refresh Timberland shoes and boots of all fabrics and keep them feeling and looking durable for longer:
1. Remove the shoelaces to ensure you can deep-clean the whole boot.
2. Using a Timberland brush or similar surface, thoroughly scrub all dirt and debris from your shoes - this is a key step so it may be worth going over your boots twice.
3. Start gently: use wipes or a warm washcloth to clean along the outside of your boot.
4. View the chart above, and select the appropriate cleaner for your main fabric.
5. Apply the product with a sponge or applicator as directed and scrub clean.
6. Buff your boots to keep them looking new, using our Restorer Brush or a professional leather brush.
7. Clean leather looks good polished: remove black marks and scuffs with the recommended product for your shoe type.
8. Wash laces separately and re-lace to keep your shoes looking newer.